The Gulf State Park Tradition...

Which week seems to work best in 2025?

• May 23rd to May 29th (Memorial day weekend and following week)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • May 30th to June 5th

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • June 6th to June 12th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • June 13th to June 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 20th to June 26

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • June 27th to July 3rd

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I come from MD, but the family is from Florida. We even have a Cracker in the family. Came down from Decatur GA after the war to heard cattle. Then the rest of them all migrated to Jacksonville.
So does that count?
PS: We have colonized Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Cape Coral, Ft Lauderdale and now we're in Central Florida. We got it locked down pretty good!
My brother!

Glad to have ya with us.

I come from MD, but the family is from Florida. We even have a Cracker in the family. Came down from Decatur GA after the war to heard cattle. Then the rest of them all migrated to Jacksonville.
So does that count?
PS: We have colonized Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Cape Coral, Ft Lauderdale and now we're in Central Florida. We got it locked down pretty good!

He listened to cows? 🐮

Oh Lordy, @Stratman50th for real next to me?

That's a bingo bonus square right there. ::yes::

i am hoping to book site 93 for May 31 to June 7. right now i can't book and it is already booked through May 30. It looks like i can't book until Friday. I hope i can get it. Otherwise we will probably be somewhere on bobcat. looks like all of sumac is booked already.

i am hoping to book site 93 for May 31 to June 7. right now i can't book and it is already booked through May 30. It looks like i can't book until Friday. I hope i can get it. Otherwise we will probably be somewhere on bobcat. looks like all of sumac is booked already.

Well, according to the poll we had in post #1, Kris, the DISMeet event is slated to start May 30 through June 5. I think some folks want to come in early and since we can book a 2-week window, we are booking NOW going long then we can drop nights on either end later (at least that's my strategy).

Personally (and I'm spit-balling at this point), I'll come in before May 30 and leave before June 5 but that is still TBD. But you can book on Sumac now: site 60-63 are DISsers and the next few sites 64+ can be booked now and trimmed later (although full payment is required when the reservation is made)

1716924059211.png
Also if you look at the reservation tool, site 7 can be booked now and site 6 on wednesday night just after midnight. Those have more shade but are just around the corner from Sumac on the cul-de-sac/circle thus not quite a view of the lake from across the road. But nice sites also.

So up to you to book on Sumac now (then trim front/back later) or try for 6/7 on Live Oak or go with your usual Bobcat spot. Use May 28, 2025 as your arrival date now (or the 27th if needed) even if you plan to come in later to secure the spot and modify the reservation later to cover only your desired stay dates.

Ed

Last edited:
Thank you @bama_ed i was hoping someone could help me. You say sites 6 and 7 have shade. i might consider that. I am seriously concerned i won't get 93 and i like that site for the shade. taking a look. Going to be a tad challenging as we are going on vacation tomorrow for a short trip. Mom is doing well so trying to get out while i can.

I think I have arrival and departure dates for the Midwest (Chitown/StL) contingent.

Sites 1 and 2 (Jerry and Joe) will be comining in Sunday, June 1st and leaving the following Saturday, June 7th.
Site 3 (me)- Unsure when we will be arriving, but no later than Saturday, May 31. I have the site from Monday, May 26th through Sunday, June 8, although we will probably head home on Saturday the 7th.

Another friend of Jerry and Joe's that we were camping with in Michigan this weekend will also be joining the group. Not sure what site Pete and Yolanda are on and what days they will be coming, but I think they will have the same days as Joe and Jerry.

j

As FYI, here is the GSP rules and regs which are different from what we are used to at the Fort.

It is linked at this GSP web site:

https://www.alapark.com/parks/gulf-state-park/rv-and-primitive-campground

https://www.alapark.com/sites/default/files/2023-10/GSPCampgroundrulesandregsfinalOct262023.pdf

Of note is the full payment required at time of reservation, only 2 free changes to reservation then charges for 3rd+, no golf carts unless licensed for street/road use (medical exceptions), and fire pit info.

There are threads about some of these topics on the Fort Camping board currently so I thought I would highlight these now.

And remember, arrivals can be booked 1 year in advance of arrival day so as of today, May 28, 2024 you can book arrivals as far out as May 28, 2025 (up to 14 days in length). Pay in full, trim as needed later.

Ed

Last edited:
As FYI, here is the GSP rules and regs which are different from what we are used to at the Fort.

It is linked at this GSP web site:

https://www.alapark.com/parks/gulf-state-park/rv-and-primitive-campground

https://www.alapark.com/sites/default/files/2023-10/GSPCampgroundrulesandregsfinalOct262023.pdf

Of note is the full payment required at time of reservation, only 2 free changes to reservation then charges for 3rd+, no golf carts unless licensed for street/road use (medical exceptions), and fire pit info.

There are threads about some of these topics on the Fort Camping board currently so I thought I would highlight these now.

And remember, arrivals can be booked 1 year in advance of arrival day so as of today, May 28, 2024 you can book arrivals as far out as May 28, 2025 (up to 14 days in length). Pay in full, trim as needed later.

Ed
Someday I will be able to use this sort of info... by which time it will have changed...

However, before everyone gets sad for Jimmy (yes, I know my not getting to GSP yet is on the top of everyone's minds CONSTANTLY)... let me tell you, I am enjoying my semi-annual trip to Hanover NJ Marriott for class and simulator training at the training center in Parsippany, NJ until Sunday.... go ahead... be jealous ...NEW JERESY (sorry, Spencer....)

..ok.. back to your GSP planning show here.... you lucky folks you

Last edited:
I am enjoying my semi-annual trip to Hanover NJ Marriott for class and simulator training at the training center in Parsippany, NJ until Sunday.... go ahead... be jealous ...
They don't just put some VR goggles on you and fire up MS Flight Sim now. That's what my son does and he thinks he can really fly. :) :worship:

j

Someday I will be able to use this sort of info... by which time it will have changed...

However, before everyone gets sad for Jimmy (yes, I know my not getting to GSP yet is on the top of everyone's minds CONSTANTLY)... let me tell you, I am enjoying my semi-annual trip to Hanover NJ Marriott for class and simulator training at the training center in Parsippany, NJ until Sunday.... go ahead... be jealous ...NEW JERESY (sorry, Spencer....)

..ok.. back to your GSP planning show here.... you lucky folks you

One of these days, @4077, we'll get you down here (spring and fall are best for weather).

ED

Well, we are home from our latest trip to GSP. I was hoping to maybe have some empty pics of the sites we have booked next year but all are occupied. I did note something though, ED is on 60 which has a great shade tree. Ed, when it comes puzzle time, if you setup table at end of your site it'll be in sun however if you hug up to that tree you'll still be on edge of site and good shade.

Also, they have completely cleared the once thick vegetation between Live Oak and Sumac as far back as sites 24 on Live Oak and site 63/65 on Sumac so you actually still get good breeze and can see lake now. Of course, you and folks on live oak are staring at each other so we might have to be on better behavior.

No promises though

I did note something though, ED is on 60 which has a great shade tree. Ed, when it comes puzzle time, if you setup table at end of your site it'll be in sun however if you hug up to that tree you'll still be on edge of site and good shade.

As long as the ground is dry I'll set up under the tree SOME place to be in the shade for puzzle time.

We are in site 30. Someone booked 93. I hope I get some shade but hopefully some breeze off the water.
You'll have plenty of breeze thereScreenshot_20240604-190400_Gallery.jpg

Your site is the one directly above the "r" with the black vehicle parked sideways on it. You'll get shade later in day. You'll have more shade than I will anyway.
Screenshot_20240604-190552_Maps.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter