SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Well I've been a DVC member since 1996, have been visiting Disney parks every single year of my life since 1971, 3-5 trips a year since the early 80s - the only years I missed going to Disney World were when I lived in L.A. from 1990-1994, when I visited Disneyland multiple times a year. My DIsney days probably number in the thousands over 53 years...and I never did rope drop once. Honestly, likely never will either - on vacation, I just can't bring myself to get up that early and go squeeze into a crowd waiting to get in.
Exactly.

Question! Has anyone done a stay with kids on air mattresses in the main rooms in a 2 bedroom? We are considering a stay in a 2 bedroom villa with another family. We are two adults with two kids as are they. I know there’s plenty of bedding in common area but we’d like to keep that clear so we can put the kids to bed at night and then hang out. My spouse and I don’t particularly want to sleep in the common room ourselves so we were thinking of putting our kids in the room with the king with a couple of twin air mattresses (or even one kid in the king with us). We LOVE Saratoga but it’s been a few years since we had a 2 bedroom there. Does anyone remember if there’s enough room for a setup like this? The 3 bedroom grand villa is just WAY too many points for us to justify for 8 of us. Thanks for any help you can give!
I think this would work! There was room at the foot of the bed and on either side of the bed, especially on the far side. I've managed to fit air mattresses in all sorts of rooms over the years with my kids and we always make it work! Just have to be careful where you walk when you get up at night if you do! Otherwise, you should be good to go! And worse case you or the kids could sleep a couple of nights in the common area using the pretty comfy pull down beds.

I think this would work! There was room at the foot of the bed and on either side of the bed, especially on the far side. I've managed to fit air mattresses in all sorts of rooms over the years with my kids and we always make it work! Just have to be careful where you walk when you get up at night if you do! Otherwise, you should be good to go! And worse case you or the kids could sleep a couple of nights in the common area using the pretty comfy pull down beds.
Awesome, thanks so much!

We had to be inside prior to 7am for rope drop Hollywood Studios to attempt the VQ for Rise of the Resistance when it was new. It was still dark and we were exhausted the whole day. We do not ever want to rope drop again.
I also rope dropped to get the RotR VQ, but once I got my boarding group I went back to my resort and relaxed, had breakfast, etc. before heading back. I'm a 60+ year Disney parks guest on both coasts and can probably count on 1 hand the times I've rope dropped. Most recently I'll do it if I tag along with my grown kids and grandkids, IF I get myself up and ready in time! I go solo mostly, though, and I get there when I get there.

Hi all. DH and I splurged on a 1 BR for a milestone anniversary in a couple of weeks, and will probably be sleeping late and spending a lot of time in the suite during the days since it's supposed to be hotter than the surface of the sun outside. 🤣 Is there somewhere we can request that might be a quieter area (for sleeping in) and/or have nice views (for when we're stuck inside to keep cool)?

We're not in a preferred area, and we have a car so aren't too concerned with proximity to bus stops, DS walkway, or pools. I just want to be able to relax, and have something pretty to look at rather than the parking lot. Thank you!

No specific section request needed for the views - more like just ask for a room with a view when checking in - the Grandstand rooms mostly look out over golf courses, and Paddock rooms (the best ones) will have a view over the main lake - so those would probably be the most relaxing ones to request (the Paddock buildings closest to the Paddock pool are on the main lake).

Hi all. DH and I splurged on a 1 BR for a milestone anniversary in a couple of weeks, and will probably be sleeping late and spending a lot of time in the suite during the days since it's supposed to be hotter than the surface of the sun outside. 🤣 Is there somewhere we can request that might be a quieter area (for sleeping in) and/or have nice views (for when we're stuck inside to keep cool)?

We're not in a preferred area, and we have a car so aren't too concerned with proximity to bus stops, DS walkway, or pools. I just want to be able to relax, and have something pretty to look at rather than the parking lot. Thank you!
We just got back from SSR. We were in a 1 bed in the Paddock section, room 5203, right next to the pool but overlooking the lake. It was a great room! Close to everything with a great view.

I requested near pool in MDE, that’s it. I figured that would keep us safe from the Carousel section! We also love the Grandstand section, it’s very quiet over there.

Does anyone know what came of the treehouse refurbishment permits that were filed in January?

It seemed like “hey this is happening now!” And then they started redoing some of the exteriors, but I haven’t heard a word about anything being completed on the inside. Has anyone else?

VGC and BLT veteran here. We are going race weekend and the week before (Dec 31-Jan 12). The 7th month window wasn't too open (surprise 😉) so I'm planning on staying for 11 nights in 2 bedroom at SSR standard view. I honestly don't know very much about this resort and am in need of ALL the recommendations about SSR (what room should I request? not to miss amenities? transportation, etc) Recommendations about general trip is welcome too. Thanks awesome Disney family 😍A little about our party. DH and me, 5 kids (ages 17, 14, 12, 10, 8) and my mom. We are planning on renting a minivan. My mom has a bit of trouble walking all that is required at Disney World and has rented a scooter before but doesn't normally do so. DH is doing the dopey challenge. DD10 is running the 5k, DS12 and I are running the 10k, DS14 and DS17 are running the 1/2 marathon. This is our 1st marathon weekend. Normally we go to the park at rope drop, come back midday where we eat "dinner" and rest/nap. Then we go back to the park for the evening where we either bring snacks/"lunch" or eat out. We tend to do a few awesome dining or extras (this trip will have at least bippity boppity and I hope the character breakfast at Riveria).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter