**OI Meetup** June 7-8, 2024

We arrived Tues, it is HOT! But we have had a good time so far. We went to Studios first thing yesterday and went to Dreamworks, saw their character show and then rode the Troll coaster (same track as Woody, just themed to Trolls). The show was about 15-20 mins max, cute, actors, singing and dancing plus the DW characters. I think this area will be great for littles! We will explore more there this week.

When we came to Feb meetup, I rode Hagrids for the first time, having finally lost enough weight. Today I rode the mummy and gringotts for the first time! We have been coming since 2015, and I did not fit on those. Such a new experience for me. Word to wise if the tester seat for gringotts is too small, go try row 3 or 6 on the ride, they do not sit as far down so you have a little more space with legs/knees. I had to keep my feet on the ball of foot to get the calf restraint to work, but worth it! Now I get to try other test seats (coasters) and hope for the best!

We had the butterbeer ice lolly’s today. It was ok, not my fav, I would rather have a butterbeer. We are having a lot of fun and are Ready for the meetup!

Attachments

• IMG_5063.jpeg
    IMG_5063.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5064.jpeg
    IMG_5064.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5066.jpeg
    IMG_5066.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5069.jpeg
    IMG_5069.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5089.jpeg
    IMG_5089.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5102.jpeg
    IMG_5102.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 4
As someone who was once quite large as well and didn't fit into some rides.. It's a great feeling when you do. Unfortunately covid put me back on the close stage. I just barely fit on the bike on Hagrids.

Whew, night 1 in the books and a success for us. It was blazing hot outside at 5, that is when we headed to the ticket line to get our wristbands. Thankful the OI team moved it inside a soundstage with a/c. The line to get in the parks was LONG. They also had some water stations set up in there where you got the wristbands.

The next door soundstage was the first bites. We stopped in, there were a lot of people, but still plenty of food available and set up around the perimeter. They had lots of coolers with water bottles and then cowboy punch with (paid) alcohol or without (free). It was yummy.

We headed into IOA, tried the test seat at Velocicoaster, I fit!! I have waited since it opened to ride! I lost enough to get the green light. 😁😁 I also can ride Hulk and Forbidden Journey (again!!), still need to try Rip Ride.

We headed to Hagrids and got in line at 6:45 pm, they sadly were still letting daytime guests in, even though the park closed at 7. That was frustrating, and tons of people got in line behind us as well that were not part of OI. It took us exactly 1 hour, we got off at 7:45, the wait time said 85 mins. It hovered around 55 most of the night.

I tried to ride VC several times, and it kept getting delayed. Finally my time arrived and wow. What an intense ride, esp in the dark. I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I may try again during the day to see what I think.

We rode a lot, had snacks and food and of course drinks. Ready to sleep and hit day 2 tomorrow!

Just a FYI, people can get in line for a ride until rbelaek closes. Disney is same way. So people are allowed in right til 7pm hits. That's one reason it's good idea to wait to do the big rides, let's the general public clear out.

Just a FYI, people can get in line for a ride until rbelaek closes. Disney is same way. So people are allowed in right til 7pm hits.
Universal has sometimes closed the line for Velocicoaster early on OI Meetup nights. Not every time, no idea how frequently. Not sure what the criteria is. I assume it is much more likely on the busiest days.

Ya i've seen a delayed be put on on VC before near closing. But that could be more due to tech issues they want to solve before OI starts, I'd think it'd be weird to do it for VC but not hagrids.

Oh I misspoke, I meant Hagrids! I have not seen/heard of them intentionally close the Velocicoaster line before the OI Meetup starts.

Hagrids, I saw them close the line well before park close in an effort to make the line more manageable during the Meetup. Over a hour before park close, IIRC. This was on the Sat in Nov 2022, after the Hagrids line stayed around an hour the whole Fri night during the Meetup. Velocicoaster was also having difficulties, slow loading with the line around an hour, for much/all of the Meetup.

Been reading a lot of negaitive reviews about this weekends meetup. Not really OI's fault from the sounds it (shorter hours due to park being open later to day guests, ran out of snacks etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter