NEXUS Renewal 2024 - Documenting my progress (Update: Approved in 10 weeks)

Okay, so it depends.

If you are doing the interview at a land border, you can do both the Canadian and US interviews at the same time. I am not sure if you need an appointment for this.

If you are doing the interview at an airport, then you need an appointment for the Canadian portion but not for the US one and you do not need to do both on the same day. I was flying to DL in April so I made an appointment for the Canadian one the day before I was flying to CA and then the next day (when I had a ticket to the US) I let the immigration officers at the US border control in YVR know I needed to do the interview. A bit of a wait later and I had the interview and was approved.

Thanks.
So it sounds like booking an interview at the airport means already having a ticket to the USA booked (and then doing the US part of the interview once going through immigration/customs)?

Thanks.
So it sounds like booking an interview at the airport means already having a ticket to the USA booked (and then doing the US part of the interview once going through immigration/customs)?
Yes but you can do the Canadian side without having a ticket for the US on the same day. I had to travel to get to an airport that had a nexus interview location but if you live near one, I believe you can do the Canadian side at any time you can get an appointment. I did mine the day before my trip to California so I know it does not have to be the same day.

Yes but you can do the Canadian side without having a ticket for the US on the same day. I had to travel to get to an airport that had a nexus interview location but if you live near one, I believe you can do the Canadian side at any time you can get an appointment. I did mine the day before my trip to California so I know it does not have to be the same day.
Thanks so much!

So when you did your US interview (sounds like you were departing from YVR to fly to US and did it when clearing customs at YVR): how long did it take? If I did this option I'm wondering how early I would need to arrive at the airport prior to the departing flight.

Thanks so much!

So when you did your US interview (sounds like you were departing from YVR to fly to US and did it when clearing customs at YVR): how long did it take? If I did this option I'm wondering how early I would need to arrive at the airport prior to the departing flight.
I was very early, like walked through security at 6am for a 9am flight! (I stayed at the hotel in the airport and just could not sleep) Even that early in the morning and with no one else ahead of me waiting for the interview, I still had to wait around 20-30 mins. Depending on what time your flight is, I would give myself an extra 30+ mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter