Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

I'm loving the Christmas decorations! It's my favorite time of year to travel to WDW, so you're making me wish I had a trip booked for this Christmas!!

I'm wishing I had a trip booked this Christmas too.

A sisters birthday trip with CM preview for Tiana's sounds so magical and almost too good to be true!!! I bet the girls are beyond excited. (and you're SUCH a good Mom!!! I know how hard it will be to stay behind!)

They are both really excited. Michelle has booked her flights. She's working on outfits now.

LOVE the World Showcase party! What a fun theme! Second only to being at Epcot in person. The decorations and all were incredible :) Wish I was able to join in that fun!!

Wish you could have been there too, Drinking and eating around the World.

I like my Brussel sprouts a little burnt but would love to try that and the cauliflower.

I like my Brussel Sprouts al little over cooked too but these were too over cooked. I still want to try the cauliflower.

Do you think they'll be successful at talking her into staying longer? It's great that they try to first figure out if there's something they could do differently to retain the CM.

She just got word that her vacation has all be approved up until she leaves. Her proprietor also told her that she's still in denial of Danielle leaving. She really wants out of food but it's really hard to get moved from food to another line. Believe it or not being a leader in Custodial has a better move up rate.

That sounds like a great plan!

I hope it works. We're all excited about Topolino's except for Dennis. He's being Grumpy.

Why will she be at Sports for 9 nights? Well her lease is up on July 15th and SHE'S COMING HOME. Yes, she had decided after 3 years she's ready to leave Disney and start her adult life here for now. I'm thrilled she'll be home but I'm also torn for her. I hope she really is ready to leave for good. She will be coming back with us when we leave July 28th. Dennis is driving his truck so he can haul a UHaul trailer back with her things.
Wow!!!! Big changes ahead for your sweet girl! I am sure you are thrilled to have her home. It's a hard decision to make but if she is feeling stuck at Disney and not making the career progression she would like, then maybe a change will be good.
She made her decision after Dennis found out about his work conference so she worked her end date around that. I'm thinking this trip will be "The Farewell Tour". She has told her Proprietor (boss) that she is leaving and what her last day will be. She is working with Danielle and is being really good about it. She also hopes to talk her into staying. Disney doesn't just let you go when you give notice, they work with you. They would rather have time to replace someone. She would also like to leave on a good note for her resume and if she ever wants to go back.
I am sure her boss will hate to lose Danielle. Leaving on a good note is a smart strategy for sure.
I'm also still debating renewing my AP. It expires May 24th. I know I won't be making as many trips now that Danielle is not there but I also know she is going to want to make a trip in the next year. Dennis doesn't plan to go back to Disney after this trip for a long time, but I know I'm not done with Disney. What to do?
I would totally renew it! With my 2023 trips (August and December) I ended up paying more than an AP would have cost. So when I went in March it was a no brainier to get an AP. I applied the value of my 5 day hopper to the Incredipass. Of course now I have three trips booked (Aug/24, Dec/24 and Mar/25). Got to get the value out of the AP after all! But the discounts are great too, especially on hotels!
I'm going to be green with envy but also very happy for them. It will be the best way to celebrate their birthdays together. I don't know all their plans but I did hear something about a Monorail Crawl, a late breakfast and Medieval Times.
They will have an amazing time!!
They originally has plans to celebrate Danielle's 21st and Michelle's 30th in Disney while Danielle was on her 1st CP. We all know how that ended when she was sent home that March. We did have a "Drinking Around the World" party to compensate. Family members adopted a country and had a table with food, facts and a drink. It was one of the best parties we ever had.
Oh my gosh, that party looks incredible!!! You are an amazing hostess with the fabulous decor, drinks and food.
It was a nice relaxing way to start our day.

We used the entrance from Pandora to Africa to make our way to Kilimanjaro Safaris. It was about 8:12 am when we got there and the wait was only showing 5 minutes.
Nothing like an early morning safari.
This park is such a favorite of mine! I’m excited for our December trip this year.
Me too!!

Wow!!!! Big changes ahead for your sweet girl! I am sure you are thrilled to have her home. It's a hard decision to make but if she is feeling stuck at Disney and not making the career progression she would like, then maybe a change will be good.
We're all happy to have her home again. I just hope she stays happy to be home and doesn't miss it too much.

I am sure her boss will hate to lose Danielle. Leaving on a good note is a smart strategy for sure.

Her boss has been great. She just approved her vacation time for while we're there and told Danielle she was still in denial of her leaving. Spoiler Alert we actually ran into her boss twice last month while we were in the park. She had great things to say about Danielle.

I would totally renew it!

Another vote and guess what? I did renew it.

They will have an amazing time!!

I'm sure they will. I think they will try a 3 park challenge on Michelle's birthday. Danielle is blocked out of MK while Michelle is there. When they do the CM preview they'll have to enter from backstage and leave after they ride.

Oh my gosh, that party looks incredible!!! You are an amazing hostess with the fabulous decor, drinks and food.

Thank you! We had the party at Michelle's. Her carport is more open than mine. We both worked really hard on the decorations.

Nothing like an early morning safari.

Yes. We showed a YouTube video of Safari to Dominic and he's excited to see the animals.

Wednesday, December 1. 2021-Animal Kingdom-Lion King, Yeti & Lunch

We finished up our pastries from Starbucks and then headed into Festival of the Lion King for the 10:30 am show. We love this show and really enjoyed it even though it was still the Covid version. We did miss the tumble monkeys, the birds flying and there were lots of dancing animals missing.

1717120114263.png

We rushed from Africa to Asia so we could catch a ride on the Everest Express to find the Yeti. I still like Expedition Everest but I can only do one ride per day on it. Going backwards gets to me a little now. I have found I do better with some food in my belly.

1717120257609.png

1717120280032.png

We only got Dennis' ride photo. Because of the mask restrictions and rumors of ride photos being deleted if someone wasn't wearing a mask I wasn't too picky about not getting all our ride photos. Now that masks wearing is not required I make sure to get as many of my photos as possible. You can send a request to search for your missing photos. They do ask for as much detailed information as you can give. Who was in the photos? When were they taken. And of course where they were taken. You can even upload a photo of the people that should be in the photo. This has worked for me the last few trips it just takes time and patience.

1717120559693.png

Kite Tails was going on when we passed by, but we didn't have time to stop. We had a lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti to get to.

1717120669687.png

I had made our reservation for Yak & Yeti directly though the restaurant. I have found over the years that when you can't get a reservation through Disney for the Landry Restaurants you may get one by calling them directly if you have the Landry Card. If you don't have the Landry Card and like their restaurants in Disney I highly suggest you get one. When I got my card it cost me $25 but I was also given a $25 credit the first time I ate at a Landry restaurant. I also get a $25 credit every year for my birthday and you can earn credits as you eat at the restaurants. My birthday is in late November so I have used my birthday credit on our past Christmas trips. I have even used the birthday credit combined with a $25 credit earned from prior spending. The only down size for the card is you can't double dip. You can't use the AP discount or CM discount too. The Landry Card is used at Yak & Yeti, TREX and Rainforest Café.

We checked into Yak & Yeti and waited a few minutes before we were seated upstairs at a table by the window overlooking this.
1717121089372.png

This was our first time getting the coveted window table.

We started our meal with some appetizers. We got the Pot Stickers-seared -Pan Seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce and the Firecracker shrimp - Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw. We have had both of these in the past and really like them.
1717121242925.png

1717121270797.png

Dennis had the same thing he got the last time we came, cause you know he's a creature of habit. He had the Kobe Beef Burger-10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy mayo and crispy fries topped with choice of ****ake mushroom and scallion compote or Asian slaw.

1717121573166.png

Danielle had the Korean BBQ Beef - Wok-friend beef, peppers, onions, pineapple, Korean BBQ sauce. I think this was the first time she had this.
1717121727522.png

Continued.

I had the Teriyaki Chicken-Marinated All-Natural chicken breast, pineapple mango salsa, teriyaki glaze, coconut-ginger rice, stir-fried vegetables.
1717122254700.png
I really enjoyed my meal and of course Dennis enjoyed his again. I think Danielle didn't enjoy hers as much as some past meals but it wasn't bad. We have eaten here several times over the years and I don't think we have ever had a bad meal.
Lunch took a good bit of time and Danielle needed to leave so she could head to work. We stopped for our one group photo at the tree our meal overlooked before she left us.
1717122429501.png
I was really happy see some Custodial art work before we left Asia.
1717122495164.png
We needed to burn some time so we went to see "It's Tough to Be a Bug". Dennis and I both like to do this show ever other trip or so but Danielle hates it. She doesn't like 3D shows and really doesn't like the bugs. Once she was old enough to be on her own for short time periods she would sit this out and shop or get a snack. I enjoy seeing the tree carving as your walking in and take a guilty pleasure in the reactions of unsuspecting guests.
1717122753141.png
1717122776424.png
1717122800630.png
After we escaped the bugs we headed right back to Asia. We caught the Timon and Rafiki boat as we crossed over the bridge.
1717122932607.png

The rest of our afternoon was spent visiting animals. I'll share that in my next update.

We love Yak and Yeti! Ihave the Landry’s card and I agree, it is a great way to secure reservations and save a little money!
Haha 🤣 Bugs Life is also a guilty pleasure of mine, watching kids freak out!
I think I see a new carving each time I walk the paths around the tree of life!

We have a Landry's card because we love Bubba Gump's, but sadly they closed ours in Chicago, so the only place we usually use it is at Bubba Gump's at City Walk in Universal! We have used it to get a walk up table at T-Rex when Southwest stranded us in FL in January '22, too. Definitely the best $25 spent!

I giggled about your guilty pleasure watching other people react to It's Tough to be a Bug. We are right there with you LOL. And now that Jimmy's older, he's in on it, too, and loves laughing at the ladies who shriek! LOL

We love this show and really enjoyed it even though it was still the Covid version.
Soooo glad that's over.
We rushed from Africa to Asia so we could catch a ride on the Everest Express to find the Yeti.
Did you find it???
Going backwards gets to me a little now. I have found I do better with some food in my belly.
Hmmm... I can only do GotG a couple times... I wonder if that might help. Then again, it might make me worry about the others on the ride experiencing my recent repast. :rolleyes:
You can send a request to search for your missing photos. They do ask for as much detailed information as you can give. Who was in the photos? When were they taken. And of course where they were taken. You can even upload a photo of the people that should be in the photo. This has worked for me the last few trips it just takes time and patience.
Huh! I had no idea.
Kite Tails was going on when we passed by, but we didn't have time to stop.
I wouldn't stop in any event. Just... not exactly Disney's best show.
I have found over the years that when you can't get a reservation through Disney for the Landry Restaurants you may get one by calling them directly if you have the Landry Card.
I don't remember if I found that was or wasn't available to Canadian residents... I did take a quick look just a minute ago and didn't see anything one way or another. I might think about it more if I ever get back to WDW.
we were seated upstairs at a table by the window overlooking this.
:)
I've done that once. It's really nice, isn't it?
We got the Pot Stickers-seared -Pan Seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce and the Firecracker shrimp - Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw. We have had both of these in the past and really like them.
Those sound good. :)
Dennis had the same thing he got the last time we came, cause you know he's a creature of habit.
:laughing:
crispy fries topped with choice of ****ake mushroom
:lmao: You can't say sh1take mushrooms on the Dis??? :rotfl:
Danielle had the Korean BBQ Beef - Wok-friend beef, peppers, onions, pineapple, Korean BBQ sauce. I think this was the first time she had this.
That looks really good. Bit surprised that it wasn't quite on par with other meals she's had there.
I had the Teriyaki Chicken-Marinated All-Natural chicken breast, pineapple mango salsa, teriyaki glaze, coconut-ginger rice, stir-fried vegetables.
Of the three meals, Danielle's appealed the most to me.
1717122429501.png
Nice shot of all of you. :)
Danielle hates it. She doesn't like 3D shows and really doesn't like the bugs.
Not everyone's cup of tea.
I enjoy seeing the tree carving as your walking in and take a guilty pleasure in the reactions of unsuspecting guests.
:rolleyes1
Screaming children? What a shame... :rolleyes:

We love Yak and Yeti! Ihave the Landry’s card and I agree, it is a great way to secure reservations and save a little money!

The savings have really added up and I never worry I can't get in.

Haha 🤣 Bugs Life is also a guilty pleasure of mine, watching kids freak out!

Happy to hear I'm not alone in my guilty pleasure.

I think I see a new carving each time I walk the paths around the tree of life!

I agree with this too. I doubt that I have seen them all yet.

We have a Landry's card because we love Bubba Gump's, but sadly they closed ours in Chicago, so the only place we usually use it is at Bubba Gump's at City Walk in Universal!

They closed the Bubba Gump we had in New Orleans too, sadly we never made it there. The only Landry restaurant here is Saltgrass and I've never been there wither. We use the card in Orlando only.

We have used it to get a walk up table at T-Rex when Southwest stranded us in FL in January '22, too.

Now that was a good use of the card.

Definitely the best $25 spent!

Totally agree.

I giggled about your guilty pleasure watching other people react to It's Tough to be a Bug. We are right there with you LOL. And now that Jimmy's older, he's in on it, too, and loves laughing at the ladies who shriek! LOL

Another person who enjoys hearing others scream. I'm so proud you're passing the torch.

Soooo glad that's over.

Me too! They still need to bring back more things that aren't back yet.

Did you find it???

Of course we did, but he got a way.

Hmmm... I can only do GotG a couple times... I wonder if that might help. Then again, it might make me worry about the others on the ride experiencing my recent repast. :rolleyes:

It could go either way.

Huh! I had no idea.

Now you know.

I wouldn't stop in any event. Just... not exactly Disney's best show.

I agree.

I don't remember if I found that was or wasn't available to Canadian residents... I did take a quick look just a minute ago and didn't see anything one way or another. I might think about it more if I ever get back to WDW.

If it's available it's worth it.

I've done that once. It's really nice, isn't it?

It was the perfect table.

Those sound good. :)

They were!

:lmao: You can't say sh1take mushrooms on the Dis??? :rotfl:

Oh no, I've been censored. I hope I don't get banned.

That looks really good. Bit surprised that it wasn't quite on par with other meals she's had there.

She has had a lot of Koren BBQ, and this wasn't as good as what she has had. She like the Chicken Tikka Masala more.

Of the three meals, Danielle's appealed the most to me.

Then you should try it and tell us what you think.

Nice shot of all of you. :)

Thank you!

Screaming children? What a shame... :rolleyes:
I refuse to apologize for my enjoyment.

I have also been in there when I had to walk out because JP was upset.

Me too! They still need to bring back more things that aren't back yet.
And get rid of some things that are there.
Of course we did, but he got a way.
Next time bring a lasso
Oh no, I've been censored. I hope I don't get banned.
The dreaded fungi censor.
She has had a lot of Koren BBQ, and this wasn't as good as what she has had. She like the Chicken Tikka Masala more.
Noted
Then you should try it and tell us what you think.
Only if I can join you folks.
I refuse to apologize for my enjoyment.
:thumbsup2
I have also been in there when I had to walk out because JP was upset.
Why I didn’t take my kids when they were younger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter