Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Nothing of note, sorry. I rather doubt the boats will be operating soon enough for you, as the forecast is still mostly sunshine for at least a week.

Andre
I saw we might get a little something Wednesday (5th) might perk up the grass and landscaping but nothing to float a boat. Even the alligators are grumpy! 😉

Weather apps are your friend! Granted, it won’t tell you if the boats are running but it will definitely tell you about rain in the forecast! I periodically check the weather at WDW, even when I don’t have a trip planned.
So therefore posting this question on these discussion boards asking current status to those that are at WDW or Port Orleans is probably your best friend!

Hello! I know there is some construction at POFQ on the rooms and buildings through the fall, but I also read a rumor they may start construction on the main buildings (specifically Sassagoula) in the fall/winter. Is there any truth to this or any idea of when it would be announced? I currently have Pop booked Nov 16-22 but would rather stay at POFQ, just don't want to risk not having quick service food available at the resort. Thank you!

Does anyone know if the rooms are getting a total refurb or is it just soft? Pictures yet?

Hard goods too as far as we know, there was a soft goods refurb in 2018. The first refurbed building (building #1) is still closed so no pictures yet.

My personal guess is that there will be even less authentic New Orleans / French Quarter influences than ever, and that they will bolt on more blatant Disney IP references (probably Princess and the Frog). But we shall see.

Andre

Hard goods too as far as we know, there was a soft goods refurb in 2018. The first refurbed building (building #1) is still closed so no pictures yet.

My personal guess is that there will be even less authentic New Orleans / French Quarter influences than ever, and that they will bolt on more blatant Disney IP references (probably Princess and the Frog). But we shall see.

Andre
I just booked a bounce back offer to stay at POFQ for the first time next June after having stayed in ASM last weekend. My only other experience onsite was at Pop Century in 2019 (just after their refurb). So, my only knowledge of the current rooms is via pictures, but combined with my (limited) experience with other resorts, here are some of my thoughts on this refurb:

I'm mostly curious as to whether they're going to:
1) Replace one of the queen beds with some sort of Murphy, whether it be a table like the values or sofa like some of the DVC. As a party of 2, it's nice to not have to upgrade to a King just to avoid looking at/walking around a second bed we don't need. I could see justification for them to go either way if they do (sofa would be classier; table would free up space on the TV/dresser wall).
2) Install a shower head/handheld combo like the one at POP, rather than keeping apparently the same basic head as the All-Stars. A moderate resort should have a higher-end shower head than the cheapest of the value resorts, and, personally, I just don't feel rinsed off enough without a handheld.

Oh, and once these refurbs are done, could we get some updates to the front page of this thread? The room rates listed are from like 2015. Or is this one of those cases where the original creator is no longer on the boards, so it can't be edited, and no one has taken the time/effort to start a new thread instead?

I just booked a bounce back offer to stay at POFQ for the first time next June after having stayed in ASM last weekend. My only other experience onsite was at Pop Century in 2019 (just after their refurb). So, my only knowledge of the current rooms is via pictures, but combined with my (limited) experience with other resorts, here are some of my thoughts on this refurb:

I'm mostly curious as to whether they're going to:
1) Replace one of the queen beds with some sort of Murphy, whether it be a table like the values or sofa like some of the DVC. As a party of 2, it's nice to not have to upgrade to a King just to avoid looking at/walking around a second bed we don't need. I could see justification for them to go either way if they do (sofa would be classier; table would free up space on the TV/dresser wall).
2) Install a shower head/handheld combo like the one at POP, rather than keeping apparently the same basic head as the All-Stars. A moderate resort should have a higher-end shower head than the cheapest of the value resorts, and, personally, I just don't feel rinsed off enough without a handheld.

Oh, and once these refurbs are done, could we get some updates to the front page of this thread? The room rates listed are from like 2015. Or is this one of those cases where the original creator is no longer on the boards, so it can't be edited, and no one has taken the time/effort to start a new thread instead?
I agree about the handheld shower heads and would love if some of the rooms had shower stalls instead of bathtubs.

@andrewilley, to whom you responded, is the originator of this thread and obviously, is still very active here. As often as prices change, and with how complicated pricing is now, it is best to just refer to the Disney site for up-to-date info.

Oh, and once these refurbs are done, could we get some updates to the front page of this thread? The room rates listed are from like 2015.

I had forgotten there was so much old date-specific stuff in the FAQ on the front page. Now updated.

For those who think Disney's price rises have been excessive by the way, the highest STANDARD room rate in 2015 was $285/night (over Christmas week) whereas now it is $475. That's for a Standard View room. Kinda redefines the term "moderate".

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter