Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

How quick did the buses show up?
The CMs were in conversation with "the weather department" for about 7-8 minutes to see if the storm would move away or fall apart before it got to CBR. While they were having those conversations, they were counting how many people were in line and letting dispatch know how many buses they would need. Once they decided the storm wasn't going to disappear, they called the buses and they were there in 5 minutes. Our driver said her job was to sit in a lot a few minutes away and be on standby in case Skyliner went down. Even with that delay at CBR, we still got to DHS the same time as our son and his family who had walked out of their room at Pop just as the Skyliner went down.

Just left a pop stay. Requested 50’s and when we arrived I told the front desk 50’s 60’s or 70’s. Ended up with building 8 back side one of the last few rooms in the far corner of the resort. Quite the hike. Didn’t even go inside the resort past the main building until the 3rd day when we took the skyliner to Epcot. Room was just fine and we walked thru the parking lots to get to the bus stops. Weather forced us to get off at riviera and no one was told where to go. Most people just stayed at the station but we went to riviera bus stops and told all the people walking to the skyliner that it was down. We waited a very long time at riviera for a bus and one finally came that stopped at Caribbean beach first so only a few of us could get on standing room only. Luckily we did get because we were first people there. People kind of rushed the bus. We missed early entry but not a huge issue. They really do need to have a way to notify people about skyliner going down. Especially with our room being so far away it was a guessing game. Even checking the app was not helpful as when we knew the skyliner was down at a bus stop it still said for people to take the skyliner. We swam a bit after going to the park our last day before our airport transportation came. The showers at the main pool were quite primitive - cool water only and only one of the two had a place to set stuff to stay dry. They did have the same products as the room showers have (shower gel and shampoo and conditioner). Our flight is majorly delayed tonight so spending many hours at the airport waiting and hoping it does not get cancelled.

The CM was who told me to get a bus at the front of the park. I hadn't noticed it not running until I got out there. I seem to recall it not being a pleasant conversation, which I get a lot of people are going to show up to use it but put a sign at the exit and I wouldn't have left the park that way.

They really need to do push notifications with what to do and be more proactive about it. I realize getting busses there as quick as people would like will be hard but they need to do better when the skyliner goes down.
They "usually" put a "sandwich board" sign by the bridge to France directing Guests to the Epcot Bus Depot.

And a couple of years ago,the below sign was at the IG Skyliner Station.

Bottom line is it seems Disney doesn't know from day to day what they will do when Skyliner goes down!

1715965775851.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter