Closing Time!

Maybe, thats it. Its a small contract for Poly and less than what I'm seeing them listed for right now.
If it's Poly there's a slim chance they will let a new contract pass ROFR right now. So maybe it's worth it to stick it out if Poly was your resort of choice

Our Deed was recorded on 24th May, but apparently Disney didn’t receive our documents until 29th! They just stated they are currently working on documents received on 21st May so looks like I’ve still got over a week to wait. Very frustrating!
Welp…sounds like I’m booking a moderate for my August trip then…

I really thought I would have finished this purchase process by now. It’s wild how long it takes sometimes!

Welp…sounds like I’m booking a moderate for my August trip then…

I really thought I would have finished this purchase process by now. It’s wild how long it takes sometimes!
Oh no.. I really thought I could squeeze in an August based off previous closing times. Seems like the Memorial Day holiday set Disney way back.

My deed didn't record until 5/30, so I'm not even going to start thinking about the contract popping up at all until everyone waiting around 5/20 gets theirs in their accounts.

Final Update

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: ......
Title Company: DVC Closings
Offer made: 3/25/24
Offer accepted: 3/25/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/28/24
Passed ROFR: 4/17/24
Closing docs received: 4/17/24
Closing docs returned: 4/17/24(buyer) ???(seller)
Closing: 5/20/24
Deed recorded: 5/20/24
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 6/4/24 (at 8pm my time)
Points in account: 6/6/24 (through an online chat session with a very helpful cast member, took about five minutes)

Days Total: 73

Closing day! But now setting in for another wait for the contract to show up ….

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/3/24
Offer accepted:5/3/24
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/24
Passed ROFR: 5/22/24
Closing docs received: 5/23/24
Closing docs returned: 5/30/24 (buyer); 6/5/24 (seller)
Closing: 6/6/24
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 33 days so far

Our Deed was recorded on 24th May, but apparently Disney didn’t receive our documents until 29th! They just stated they are currently working on documents received on 21st May so looks like I’ve still got over a week to wait. Very frustrating!
I'm in the same boat. Recorded on the 28th and they received the docs on May 30th. I got the same email today about them working on 5/21 docs currently.

Good news! We did get our membership number tonight, and I set up my new account. Disney sent me two emails about two hours apart. I had to wait for both before I could do anything. I chatted online and they could not give me my points today. The cast member did try though.
Update: A cast member was able to load our points for us tonight on our 5/20 documents. I was able to book 4 days this summer!

Final update

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 4/18/24
Offer accepted: 4/18/24
Sent to ROFR: 4/22/24
Passed ROFR: 5/8/24
Closing docs received: 5/8/24
Closing docs returned: 5/8/24
Funds wired: 5/9/24
Closing: 5/20/24
Deed recorded: 5/21/24
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 6/5/24
Points in account: 6/6/24 (after chat with a great CM)

Days Total: 49 (my lucky number)

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: not to be named (not per board rules; just because it hasn’t been a smooth experience and I don’t want to share)
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 4/29/24
Offer accepted: 4/30/24
Sent to ROFR: 5/17/24 (broker issue…😒)
Passed ROFR: 6/7/24
Closing docs received: 6/7/24
Closing docs returned: 6/7/24 (buyer); funds sent in advance of closing; uncertain about seller
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Maybe, thats it. Its a small contract for Poly and less than what I'm seeing them listed for right now.
Ive seen few on FB and here for Poly that have just passed ROFR so maybe there's a chance if you decide to let this 1st one go.

Any idea what the current wait time is between closing and hearing from Disney? I know it has extended recently but I am getting antsy. Closed on the 24th on my first contract. Second just passed ROFR.
The average right now seems to be 15 days from when your deed records (a CM once told me that Disney doesn't start their process until the official recording). Deeds usually record the day after closing, but unfortunately yours might have been delayed to the 28th because of the holiday weekend. So if that's the case, and the current pattern holds, that would put you around Wednesday for getting your emails. The waiting is definitely frustrating. The long road from offer made to points loaded is one of the only downsides to buying resale that I've found.

Deed recorded. Next!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/3/24
Offer accepted:5/3/24
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/24
Passed ROFR: 5/22/24
Closing docs received: 5/23/24
Closing docs returned: 5/30/24 (buyer); 6/5/24 (seller)
Closing: 6/6/24
Deed recorded: 6/7/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 34 days so far

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter