Beyond Big Thunder

It can be a quiet wander once you get away from the fort.
Tom sawyer island is great. It’s like a oasis in the middle of MK. My kids used to love exploring the “caves” , crossing the bridge, going thru the escape tunnel in the fort. Downsides:is the raft you have to take there,i know it’s part of the experience i just don’t like waiting for it🙂. A tunnel or a drawbridge to allow for riverboats would be better for me. The other downside is that aunt polly’s should be open for some snacks. Only vending machines available.

Tom sawyer island is great. It’s like a oasis in the middle of MK. My kids used to love exploring the “caves” , crossing the bridge, going thru the escape tunnel in the fort. Downsides:is the raft you have to take there,i know it’s part of the experience i just don’t like waiting for it🙂. A tunnel or a drawbridge to allow for riverboats would be better for me. The other downside is that aunt polly’s should be open for some snacks. Only vending machines available.
I haven't been to the island since I was a kid. I have debated it last few times I've gone since it had been so long but having to wait for a boat to get over there is a big turn off of it for me and the lack of stuff overall to do besides wander around makes it seem like not worth the time to me. Whereas if I could just walk over to it I'd probably go over to it more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter