avondale training journal, starting Dec. 2018 (comments welcome)

I am also a weak glute runner. My knee has been bothering me for a while. Since i have not been running been focusing on strength training (which i hate but need to do). My nemesis exercise was the dreaded single leg bridges. Before i did strength training i was lucky i could do 5 reps on each leg. I am now much stronger, and can do 10 reps for 3 sets on each leg. I am hoping it helps. I see my PT on Monday and i am hoping to get the go ahead for light running.

Unfortunately at our age it is likely you have some degenerative tears in your meniscus as well. I managed mine with PT and I am not having surgery on them.

I am also a weak glute runner. My knee has been bothering me for a while. Since i have not been running been focusing on strength training (which i hate but need to do). My nemesis exercise was the dreaded single leg bridges. Before i did strength training i was lucky i could do 5 reps on each leg. I am now much stronger, and can do 10 reps for 3 sets on each leg. I am hoping it helps. I see my PT on Monday and i am hoping to get the go ahead for light running.

Unfortunately at our age it is likely you have some degenerative tears in your meniscus as well. I managed mine with PT and I am not having surgery on them.
The thing is, I can do tons of bridges and one-legged bridges, and with weights! Before my knee issues, I was squatting almost 100 lbs. I do quite a bit of strength work. I don't dislike it - I just prioritize other things. I think my form must be compensating somewhere. We'll see.

If you are squatting that you are much stronger. Still could be degenerative tears, which you can get through, or some other weakness. I tend to find I can never get balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter