Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My wife has the offer for Dollarama of buy once ($30), get 10 AM, do it a second time, get 40 AM. Don't know what to make of this, but she only got 1 AM instead of 10. I know the other 40 AM won't be awarded until after the promo has ended, but not sure if I should file a missing miles already or not.
Same. I’m just going to sit on it for a few days to see what happens. I did opt in.

I think the Airmiles program needs to award our rewards sooner than they are currently. The reward needs to be closer to the earn in order for one to connect the two and be engaged in earning more (and spending more to earn more). Having to fill in missing miles reports for receipts or worse 4 months later is not going to cut it.

There is such a disconnect these days that they are missing out on that conncection. While I continue to play for the time being, BMO the game isn't fun anymore!
I couldn't agree more!
Knocking out Dollarama for me was disappointing ,(I am not going to change or use my BMO Mastercard just to get 1 Airmiles),,,I'll probably go back to shopping Dollar Tree more often.

Shell offers on gas are so unpredictable that I'm back to Esso for gas.
I still use Shell for the occasional Gift Card offer or instore purchase ..though I wish Mississauga had Shell stations that also sell M&M products like Donald My- Hero station.

Receipts Offers are unpredictable ,,I have 1 Inquiry and 1 In progress right now,,, I am not going to remember 4 months down the road about these random Airmiles.

Total disconnect to current market growth and development BMO.

Ok off my soap box for now

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Hugs Mel

My wife has the offer for Dollarama of buy once ($30), get 10 AM, do it a second time, get 40 AM. Don't know what to make of this, but she only got 1 AM instead of 10. I know the other 40 AM won't be awarded until after the promo has ended, but not sure if I should file a missing miles already or not.
I’m thinking since the base AM is now 1, both the 10 and the 40 are bonus miles to show later.

The Dollarama offer. You need to spend $60 over 2 purchases (in one month) to get 50AM. Now if you really were going to purchase that much at Dollarama anyway, great. It's just a matter of strategically shopping. I just don't thing I have $60 worth of things I need from Dollarama this month let alone July and August.

The Dollarama offer. You need to spend $60 over 2 purchases (in one month) to get 50AM. Now if you really were going to purchase that much at Dollarama anyway, great. It's just a matter of strategically shopping. I just don't thing I have $60 worth of things I need from Dollarama this month let alone July and August.
It will be gift cards for us again - I have all 3 grandkids" birthdays coming up before the end of August. The girls are June 19th and Arthur July 21st. I'm currently scouring the Amazon site for things that fall into an included category and then I can just get 6 $30 gift cards for that and I will be double-dipping.

Last edited:
Brilliant! I didn't want to do Disney GC as it will be a while before I can return (ya right!). But Amazon GC I could use or maybe some Netflix (as I was thinking about getting Netflix for the summer months). Thanks Jacqueline.

Brilliant! I didn't want to do Disney GC as it will be a while before I can return (ya right!). But Amazon GC I could use or maybe some Netflix (as I was thinking about getting Netflix for the summer months). Thanks Jacqueline.
They also have M&M meats gift cards as well. They actually have lots of other gift cards.

We get the Disney GC's for our trips, so it works out perfectly for us. 1 AM though is a ripoff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter